WHAT IT DOES
Berberine offers metabolic support for glucose and lipid metabolism.* It also supports healthy blood sugar and insulin levels already within a normal range.*
HOW IT WORKS
Clinical studies demonstrate that berberine supports healthy lipid metabolism and cholesterol homeostasis.*1-6 Berberine can activate an important metabolic enzyme known as adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK), a central regulator of cellular energy homeostasis.* Mechanistic research in vitro and in vivo suggests that berberine can decrease cholesterol and triglyceride synthesis by activating AMPK.7-9&
In addition to supporting lipid metabolism, berberine supports healthy glucose metabolism and blood sugar management already within a normal range.*2-5 Mechanistic research in vitro suggests that berberine can support healthy glucose regulation through promoting glucose uptake in cells via GLUT4 translocation.7
- Kong W et al. Nat Med. 2004;10(12):1344-51.
- Yin J et al. Metabolism. 2008;57(5):712-7.
- Zhang Y et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93(7):2559-2565.
- Yang J et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:363845.
- Perez-Rubio K et al. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2013;11(5):366-9.
- Cao C et al. Exp Ther Med. 2019;17(4):3009-3014.
- Lee YS et al. Diabetes. 2006;55:2256-64.
- Brusq JM et al. J Lipid Res. 2006;47(6):1281-8.
- Jiang D et al. Lipids Health Dis. 2016;15:214.
** Daily Value (DV) not established
†Percent daily value is based on a 2000 calorie diet
vegetable capsule (modified cellulose), cellulose, calcium laurate, silicon dioxide
Berberine Does Not Contain
- Dairy Products
- Artificial Colors
- Artificial Flavors
- Ingredients of animal origin
Berberine Directions and/or Dosage
Take 1 capsule two to three times daily, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Do not use this product if pregnant or nursing. If you have diabetes or are taking any medication, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.